In honour of our 20th year in business, we are sharing 20 marketing tips we have learned along the way. So without further ado, here are some tidbits of knowledge from the different teams around our office:
From the Video Guys:
1. Sound is just as important as visuals for videos, if not more. You can buy a mic for $20-$40 if you want to greatly increase the quality of your phone videos.
2. Hold the shot. Movement is attractive but don’t overlook the power of a still shot, especially if being done by an amateur. You are better off using a steady static shot than something that’s dynamic but wobbly.
3. Know what you're filming for! If you're doing an Instagram video with your phone, it is okay to shoot portrait mode. Most times, landscape will be your best bet for multi-use options.
4. Make vlogs! People want to feel like a part of the action. Events are a great place to do this!
From Our Graphics Gurus and Web Wizards:
5. Maintain consistency with branding across all materials. The smallest touches make the biggest impact when seen throughout a wide range of marketing materials.
6. Never use Comic Sans or Papyrus fonts. They're both pretty heavily despised in the design community because they've been misused for years and aren’t seen as professional.
7. Simplify. Remember the old adage “less is more”? Busy design is distracting and too much content usually means the audience won’t read your core message as clearly.
8. A few years is a lifetime in web design. When you feel like you’ve just finished a website, it’s probably time to start the next one. The life expectancy of a website is about 4-5 years. The sign of a great marketing plan is beginning strategy for your new site before your current one becomes stagnant.
9. Proof…Review…Repeat. People will remember the mistakes much longer than the stunning web design.
From Our Client Services Crew:
10. Brainstorms are a great way to get an outside perspective on a project you’ve been wracking your brain over. People from other departments often have a different take that pushes a project in a creative direction. This is a strategy we rely heavily upon at TDG Marketing!
11. Don’t overthink it. It’s really important not to get overly bogged down in the early stages of a project. Move forward and loop back to the finer details with a fresh mindset.
12. Slow Down. Sometimes there are opportunities that require a quick push forward. But often it’s best to walk instead of running right out of the gate. Focus on developing the strategy behind a project upfront.
13. But at the same time…It is important to hit the ground running with a new account. The key is to move fast with purpose and careful consideration.
14. Knowing more is always better. In-depth research takes time but consistently pays off in the end.
15. Go where the people are. Find the right social media platform for your audience! This goes back to strategy. If your product is meant for commercial or industrial clients, you likely won’t need to be on Snapchat. Alternatively, if your target demographic is youth, you’ll need to know where they are getting their media from currently.
From The Management Masters:
16. Ensure there is always enough coffee around. It’s the creative life force behind all marketing and is integral to productivity.
17. Just because it has always been done that way, is not a reason to keep doing it. Marketing is about pushing boundaries and thinking outside the box.
18. It doesn’t matter how good your work is if it’s not reaching the right people. Money spent on a well-targeted digital campaign is never wasted. At TDG Marketing, our Google Certified Account Managers and Coordinators are well versed in creating strategic digital strategies.
19. Deadlines are always too short, and your team will forever need more time that just isn’t there. Alleviate the tension with a few bad puns and some baked goods.
20. A marketing agency is only as good as its team. Building strong relationships not only with our clients, but with each other, is what makes TDG stand out.
TDG Marketing is proud to have served a wide range of clients in our twenty years in business. Seeing our customers succeed is what keeps us going. While we hope these tips get you started, if you are looking for a more comprehensive marketing plan, book your FREE 1-hour consultation on our website.Back
Book your FREE 1 hour marketing consultation today!